Check our Christmas and New Years opening Hours!
Bicycle: the bike and/or any other item that is comprised by the contract
Customer: the natural person or legal entity purchasing the bike rental service from YourCityBike
YourCityBike: the company offering the bike rental and bike tour services according to these terms and conditions
Rider: the person actually riding the bicycle
Written: in writing or electronically
1. The customer is not allowed to return a rented bicycle after the date and time stated in the contract. Bikes must be returned to the same branch and during the business hours of YourCityBike (low season: 9.00am-18.00pm, high season 09:00am-21.00pm, always 7 days a week, for more information please check on yourcitybike.com).
2. One day is considered to be 24 hours.
3. YourCityBike is not obliged to give any refund for rented bikes that are returned before the end of the contractual period.
1.YourCityBike provides a bicycle with the statutory and agreed features and accessories, which is clean, well maintained and in a technically good conditions.
2. In case of damage to the bicycle prior to the rental, YourCityBike will make a report of the damage in the presence of the customer.
3. YourCityBike will inspect the bicycle for any damage immediately after it is returned.
1. The customer is liable for any damage to YourCityBike related to the bike rental unless the damage is caused by a violation of the obligations stated in article 8.
2. The customer is liable for actions and omissions of the rider(s) and other users of the bicycle(s) comprised by the contract, even if they didn’t have the customer’s permission to use the bike.
3. The customer must respect all rules and regulations. The customer uses the bicycle on his own responsibility. If customer infringes any Dutch rules or regulations, YourCityBike can by no means held liable.
4. In the event of loss, theft, or damage of the bicycle, YourCityBike is entitled to charge a (maximum) compensation of:
€450 for a normal bike.
€900,- for a special bike
€2000,- for an e-bike.
5. For damaged parts of a city bike, single speed bike; saddle €18, lock €70, lights set €20, chain case €11, fork €34, luggage rack €17, bell €5, key for lock €15, gear changer €15, basket €13, stand €11, mudguard €11, entire back wheel €46, entire front wheel €38, tire damaged by skidding €20.
6. Accessories; helmet €25, chain lock €70, ring lock €20.
7. Prices for parts that are not mentioned are determined by the YourCityBike staff. The hourly rate for repairs is €30.
1. YourCityBike offers an insurance service, which assures customers less financial risks in case of damage to, or theft of, the bicycle.
2. Assurance costs:
3 hours €1,95, 6 hours €2,45, 24 hours €2,95.
3 hours €3,90, 6 hours €4,90, 24 hours €5,90
3. The assurance service covers theft and all sorts of damage of the bicycle.
4. An own-risk/deductible of:
Normal Bike: €50 remains for the customer.
Special Bike: €100,- remains for the customer.
E-bike: €200,- remains for the customer.
5. The amount due in case of damage is based on the costs of repairing the bicycle as stated in article 9.4.
6. In case of theft, the decreased financial risk only applies when the customer is able to hand over the keys of the bicycle to the YourCityBike staff and proof that the bike was locked.
7. YourCityBike strongly recommends the assurance service.